Phonics Activity Cards - Phase 3
Embark on an exciting journey into the world of phonics with our Phase 3 Phonics Activity Cards – the perfect introduction to digraphs and trigraphs.
Designed to make learning enjoyable, these cards present digraphs (two letters that work together to produce a single sound) and trigraphs (three letters that work together to produce a single sound) in a simple and engaging manner. Fear not the complex terminology; our approach ensures that your child grasps these vital phonetic elements effortlessly.
- Teacher-Crafted: Developed by experienced educators, the Phase 3 Phonics Activity Cards reflect a deep understanding of early childhood learning. The activities align with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and provide a solid foundation for literacy development.
- Simplified Setup, Significant Impact: Each phonics game is effortless for you to set up while being meaningful and engaging for your child. With over 50 activities packed into these cards, they provide a comprehensive foundation for your child's reading and writing journey. The activities are so entertaining that your child won't even realise they are learning.
- Home-Friendly Resources: We understand the importance of convenience for parents. That's why each activity on the cards utilises common household items, ensuring that you can seamlessly integrate learning into your daily routine. No need for special materials – just grab what you have at home and let the learning adventure begin! Explore the full list of equipment for the Phase 3 Phonics Activity Cards here.
- Read and Write with Confidence: The activities on these cards focus on building key skills in reading and writing. Through carefully crafted games and activities, your child will start to read and write more complex words containing both digraphs and trigraphs.
- Parent-Friendly Design: These cards are not just for teachers – they are designed with parents in mind. Clear instructions and helpful tips make it easy for you to guide your child through each activity, fostering a positive learning experience at home.
Purchasing these cards as a gift? Elevate the gift-giving experience by opting for the gift wrap tin, transforming the cards into the perfect present. Click here to add the gift tin to your order.
- Teaches digraphs and trigraphs
- Develops blending skills for reading
- Supports segmenting skills for spelling
The Phase 3 phonics activity pack includes 27 A6 cards:
- One double-sided phonics information card
- 25 phonics activity cards
- One tricky words card with three bonus games
Each activity card features:
- A main Go activity
- An extension Grow activity
- A Grab list of required items
- A word bank
- A colour photograph of the activity
I am so happy with my "damaged" box of phase 3 phonics. The box had the tiniest of tears in it that if I hadn't of known I would of thought it happened when the postman posted through the door.
I am really happy with the phonics sets that I have , that I have just ordered phase 4 and 5 as well. The children I work with are becoming more engaged with their phonics since I've been using the activity cards.
I also have one of the yr1 maths boxes and will definitely be ordering the other one in the school holidays ready for our new children in September.
Customer service is also amazing as well as your Instagram page. would highly recommend you to other colleagues.
Play makes sense, and so it does!
i’ve purchased phase 1, 2 and 3 last summer and what can I say, I couldn’t be more happy..
not only are they super simple to set up, but my 2.5 and 6 year old LOVE all the activities !
in Germany we start school later, so my little ones haven’t had any exposure to letter sounds or any of the sort before I started phase 2 in September - now it is May and my 6 year old reads whole sentences and even my little one pickt up most of the sounds !
They are also Super helpful, if you ever have a question or a problem, Abbie always quickly replied and provided ideas or sneak peeks to their other activities !
I would buy them all, but unfortunately it is quite a hassle to get them to Germany and through customs - thank you Brexit :-(
I ended up paying a huge extra tax fee upon delivery to my doorstep .
should’ve bought them all right away !
anyway, I cannot recommend any better resource for phonics or math activities .
I teach English as a second language, and even use them with young students who struggle with pronunciation and spelling !
so off you go, get them all ;-) and don’t miss their Instagram stories !!
I bought these because my child is having difficulty remembering some of her phase 3 sounds, these cards have been brilliant and are providing her with a sensory hands on experience to lock in the sound and it's working! Plus we're having lots of fun in the process, we love these cards and will be purchasing more. Thanks!
My son started school last September being the youngest in his class and I was worried! I bought the phase 2 & 3 packs to support what he was learning at school as I wanted to feel involved and carry on the fun at home.
We completed the phase 2 pack and we’ve moved onto phase 3 as he’s currently learning the rest of the sounds before he goes to year 1.
He absolutely loves the activities and really looks forward to it. There’s an equipment list on the website so you can plan what you’re going to need and gather together, so when needed it takes 5 mins to set up.
My son has always been a reluctant writer (he’s left handed and struggles) but he’s more than happy to follow the “grow” activity which is the extension to the main activity. I’ve really noticed a change in his confidence and willing, and he’s even started to write little notes independently when he’s playing.
I’ve since bought phases 4, 5 & 6 ready for year 1 and also the reception maths pack which is just as fun!
I follow Alice & Abbey on Instagram and they’re a wealth of knowledge and always happy to help with questions.
I can’t recommend the packs enough!
I work full time so I always try to do a few activities at the weekend based on the sounds he’s learnt that week.
At parents evening last week his teacher said he was confident in all the sounds, his writing was improving and you wouldn’t know he was the youngest in the class which was amazing.
You won’t regret buying these x
Perfect for busy parents
You want to support your child with learning to read and write, but time is short! That is where Play Makes Sense comes in. Each of our activities take less than five minutes to set up and will provide your child with a meaningful and engaging activty.
Create a love of learning
Helping your child to develop a love of learning will set them up for success. Each Play Makes Sense activity teaches new skills through play and will help to instill a passion for learning in your child.