Digital Download - Phonics Activity Cards - Phase 5
Start playing and learning straight away!
No need to pay for postage, or wait for delivery, with a Play Makes Sense digital download. Perfect if you live outside of the UK, or if you just can't wait to start learning through sensory play.
Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with a link to download your pack of Play Makes Sense activity cards in a PDF format. Remember to check your junk folder if you cannot find the email.
Please note that all packs are watermarked and cannot be distributed without the permission of Play Makes Sense.
Digital downloads cannot be returned or refunded.
Please provide your email address at checkout (not your phone number) to receive your link.
Achieve Phonics Mastery: Unleash learning with the Phase 5 Phonics Activity Cards
Introducing the Phase 5 Phonics Activity Cards, a comprehensive educational tool designed to enhance your child's mastery of alternative graphemes—various ways of reading and writing the same sound. These meticulously crafted cards feature over 50 activities carefully curated to cultivate essential skills, paving the way for your child to become a proficient reader and writer.
- Diverse Learning Opportunities: Unlock a multitude of ways to approach each sound through alternative graphemes, help your child to develop a comprehensive understanding of phonics.
- Engaging Activities: With simplicity in setup and depth in engagement, each phonics game is thoughtfully designed to captivate your child's interest, ensuring a meaningful learning experience.
- Comprehensive Content: Boasting more than 50 activities, this pack equips you with a wealth of resources, making it an all-encompassing tool for instilling crucial reading and writing skills in your child.
- Home-Friendly Resources: The activities cleverly utilise common household items, minimising the need for additional materials. View the complete list of required equipment here.
- Tailored to Your Child’s Developmental Stage: Tailored for children in Year 1 and Key Stage 1 (aged 5 - 7 years old), the Phase 5 Phonics Activity Cards align perfectly with the developmental needs of young learners and the requirements of the National Curriculum.
In Phase 5, children encounter different ways to interpret sounds and are introduced to eight tricky words:
The Phase 5 Phonics Activity Cards includes 27 cards:
- One double-sided phonics information card
- 25 phonics activity cards
- One tricky words card with three bonus games
Each activity card features:
- A main Go activity
- An extension Grow activity
- A Grab list of required items
- A word bank
- A colour photograph of the activity
Perfect for busy parents
You want to support your child with learning to read and write, but time is short! That is where Play Makes Sense comes in. Each of our activities take less than five minutes to set up and will provide your child with a meaningful and engaging activty.
Create a love of learning
Helping your child to develop a love of learning will set them up for success. Each Play Makes Sense activity teaches new skills through play and will help to instill a passion for learning in your child.